Who We Are Looking For
We're looking for systems engineers with a great balance of people, communication, & technical skills who our customers and internal teams would enjoy working with over the phone/Webex, email/instant messaging, or in person.
You self-start and can succeed without needing a lot of direction, but also appreciate that being part of team means knowing when to ask for instruction or help (as well as providing it others when you can).
You like to break things and be part of the solution. You take it upon yourself to learn and understand how things work as opposed to just memorizing and regurgitating words. You truly enjoy helping others, even when it may be outside the scope of what you initially expected.
What's Expected Of You
Variphy systems engineers are technical product and subject matter experts who 1) ensure our customers and partners are both successful and happy, as well as 2) collaborate internally with our sales, marketing & software development teams in any way possible.
- Deliver consistent top-notch technical and personal service to any audience
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to Variphy's partner and customer base with how to deploy, configure, operate, optimize, and troubleshoot our products
- Lead product demonstrations and/or discussions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Contribute to and expand our technical knowledge base by creating/improving how-to articles, videos, & user guides
- Build and maintain both production and lab Unified Communications infrastructure
- Collaborate with software development and product management via usability feedback, bug & environment replication and Q/A testing
- Ability and desire to thrive in remote/telecommute role
What You Should Already Know Or Be Able To Do
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) - If you've never heard of CDRs or don't know what a device pool is, this isn't for you
- MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server - Install, configure, & troubleshoot as well at least some basic SQL query abilities
- Linux and Windows Operating Systems - Yes, both
- Virtual Machines - What they are as well as how to deploy and maintain them
- Microsoft Active Directory - Stand up server(s) with some basic domain/OU configuration
- Basic Networking - You should at least know what IP addresses and TCP ports are
- Scripting/Programming - You've successfully scripted or written code to automate something useful
Experience You Should Have
- 1+ years in help desk, network engineer, technical support/analyst, or other IT-related field supporting or servicing customers
- 1+ years working with Cisco Unified Communications
Additional Differentiators That Set You Apart
- Experience with Variphy Insight - Obviously this is a huge plus
- Apache Tomcat
- Cisco IOS, switches, routers, firewalls or other Cisco products/solutions
- Other Unified Communications (Microsoft, Avaya, etc.) products/solutions
- Cloud/SAAS providers (like AWS, Azure, Google, Linode, Digital Ocean, etc.)
United States Remote/Telecommute/Work From Home
How to Apply
Send us a description of why you'd be successful in this technical Unified Communications role along with your resume (PDF format preferred) to
email@example.com with "Systems Engineer" in the subject line.
Variphy is an enterprise software company that has been providing cost-effective, leading edge Unified Communications (UC) solutions for our customers and partners since 2004. Our software solutions benefit the entire UC lifecycle, from initial deployment to daily operations and enterprise expansion. Our global customers include leading edge System Integrators, Managed Service Providers, Enterprises, Government, Education, Healthcare, Commercial and Legal.